Since it is a Sunday and we got tired of eating out, I've decided to cook dinner tonight. We still have four chicken drumstick left in the freezer and some frozen tiger prawns bought back from our holiday in Kota Kinabalu. The drumstick are baked with peanut butter and potato chips while the tiger prawns are simply baked with butter and garlic.
Our meals are never complete without a soup. Went online to search and came across this recipe, Creamy Broccoli Soup. Apparently, this soup is an excellent dish for pregnant and breastfeeding mommies since broccoli is rich with frolic acid. And the soup is relatively easy to prepare.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 crowns of broccoli, chopped
- chicken broth
- skim milk
- ground black pepper to taste
- Boil onion, carrot, celery, garlic and chicken broth in a large soup pot. Add pepper to taste
- Add broccoli and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender
- Allow the soup to cool and transfer soup into blender. Add in milk and blend until smooth.
- Transfer blended soup back into pot and reheat the mixture slowly until heated through.
- Serve hot.