We went for an Italian meal recently and had mussels for our appertizers. We loved it and hence, when we saw a recent offer for a box of New Zealand green mussels for only RM20, we grabbed it and attempted the recipe ourselves. It is a very simple dish and relatively easy to prepare.
- White Wine
- Basil leaves
- Corn Flour
- Salt and black pepper
- Clean mussels thoroughly.
- Chop basil leaves finely and cut garlic in thin slices
- Placed mussels, basil leaves, garlic, white wine and a touch of olive oil, a pinch of salt and black pepper together and steamed for 15 minutes or until mussels are cooked.
- Remove cooked mussels to be used later.
- Transfer the remaining juice/liquid left from steaming the mussels into a sauce pan.
- Add a cup of water and simmer.
- Add additinonal chopped basil leaves if desired.
- Mix a teaspoon of corn flour with water and add into sauce pan to thicken the sauce.
- When sauce thickens, add cooked mussels and allow to simmer together for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.