Saturday, July 7, 2012

I am dumbfounded ....

I was picking up Ryan from his daycare yesterday and he was all excited about a piece of sticker from one of his teachers. He was in his usual talkative self and was talking non stop in the car. I must admit that I was not really paying much attention, firstly because, he can get rather annoying asking you the same question over and over again and secondly, I was negotiating my way over some heavy evening traffic.

Then out of the blue, he asked me, "Daddy, did you listen to what I say?"

I was caught....

"What did you just said?" I asked.

"I said I got this piece of sticker from Ms Jess." he replied and waved the sticker at me.

Honestly, I was just entertaining him and was not really paying much attention.

"What did  you get?" I asked again....

"This sticker lar ....!" he replied, this time, rather impatiently ....

"What sticker?" I asked without actually looking at him...he was sitting at the back of the car...

"THIS STICKER LAR!" he replied ...

"Who gave you the sticker?" I asked, hoping to strike off a conversation ...

"Ms Jess LAR!" he replied, obviously annoyed with me for not paying attention ...

And the next sentence got me all dumbfounded ...

"Daddy, you must put on your BIG EARS and open your BIG EYES when I talked to you..OK?"

I was like "Huh?"...."Put on my big ears and open my big eyes..?" I asked...

"Yes, teacher said 'Children, put on your big ears to listen and open your big eyes to see'?" he replied.

What can I say except "I am sorry Ryan..."

This son of mine is growing up fast ....

4 comments:

CathJ said...

I always get that from my boy.. Haha.... Sometimes he said...

Focus mummy... O.o

MeRy said...

Smart boy....

Alamak said...

my daughter says the same thing to me when i half listened. "mummy you must listen to me when i talk to you!!!"

Guilt level: 11 out of 10!!

Merryn said...

We all do that, don't we? Just nodding like as if we are listening? I am guilty of that too and when Ethan starts to question me based on what he has just said, I am totally LOST!

More Pictures on Jeju Island Coming up NEXT!