Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day - A Cooking Day!

My wife wanted to cook for me to celebrate Happy Father's Day. She brought out the recipe book and asked me what I wanted to eat. I chose Seafood Risotto (something that I've tried before earlier despite buying the incorrect type of rice). A very good friend of mine was kind enough to find and buy for me the Arborio rice this time.

We opted just to put in prawns and grilled salmon this round. We could not fine saffron threads. Hence, we could not get the exact yellowish colour of seafood risotto that we wanted. Nevertheless, the dish turned out to be superb and the cooking process enjoyable.


Besides the Risotto, she also prepared home-made minestrone soup which proves to be a hit!

Of course, not to be outdone, I promised her to make the desert, MANGO SORBET. The preparation is simple but just required a lenghty time to freeze to get it ready to be served.

I would said that it is a very memorable Happy Father's Day to me.


8 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

hahaha..i love the last pic.. so cute.. u can send this pic to The STAR babies section..hahaa...

Cynthia said...

Happy Belated Father's Day! nice team there in the kitchen ya :)

Yeapies said...

Blessed belated Father's Day to you. Ours will be celebrated a week later on this Sun together with bb's fullmoon to make it more "meaningful". =)

Adrine said...

Wow.... looks like dinner in a pricey restaurant !! What a great idea to have a nice meal at home.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Father's Day!

2ma said...

so sweet!!!! love the pic of ryan tasting the mango sorbet. so cute!!

Rose world said...

Oooh! Yummy!

Angeline said...

Happy Belated Fathers' Day!
Nothing beats the cooking from a heart warmed with love!

That last photo is worth framing!

More Pictures on Jeju Island Coming up NEXT!