Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I hope ....I pray ....I wish ....


I finally caught Chenya stood all by herself on the sofa while she was playing there for a full 10 seconds unaided !

This girl is one brave and active gal. She cannot possibly sit still, constantly on the move, crawling everywhere in the house. We have noticed that the moment she catch hold of something, she would immediately attempt to stand up. The other day, I actually caught her trying to climb up the sofa to get to the TV remote control which incidentally is her favorite toy! And, she was so MAD when she could not climb up to get what she wants. This girl really has a temper.

We can't remember Ryan being this active at this age. Ryan is one super charged up boy now and with boundless energy that will tire us out way before his battery runs out. I dread to think how much more active Chenya would be and I dread to think having two super charged up `monsters' at home going at each other.

Already, Chenya is going after his kor kor's toys and pulling his hair and shirt if she can't get what she wants. Fortunately, right now, Ryan is one good brother who have not once hit back. All he does is shouting at the top of his voice "Mommy! Mei Mei is pulling my hair AGAIN! Mei Mei! STOP IT! STOP IT! Ouuucccchhhhhh! MEI MEI!"

Sometimes, it is simply hilarious seeing these two siblings playing and having good fun. It is my deepest hope and prayer that the bond and their love for each other will remain as close, as fun and as innocent as they are now for decades to come.

I have seen so many siblings rivalry in some families. I have seen so many brothers and sisters not talking to each other once they have grown up. I have seen so many siblings not in talking terms due to some form of misunderstanding. My mom's family is one example. (If you have read my post on the demise of my grandmother, you would know).

As we all grow older, our EGO grows even larger. As we all matured and as we got `wiser' ...we tend to over analyse issues, over emphasize our own personal needs and over read situation. We get more sensitive. Our feelings tend to be more vulnerable to being hurt. We tend to make life and relationship more complicated (not that it is not) ....

If only we adopt the childlike innocence that we all possessed once to look at various issues and relationships of which we are in now, and I guess life could be less complicated and very probably much happier ....I am trying ....

Looking at Ryan and Chenya now, I HOPE, yes...I PRAY and I WISH that the bond between them will grow stronger and closer by the day ...and I know as parents, we PLAY a HUGE, HUGE part and responsibility in building that strong foundation for them to start with and to build upon when we are no longer around .....

Here are some cute pictures of our princess captured several days ago while we were having lunch at the Little Wok at Sunway Pyramid...She is one cheeky gal who will never cease to bring a smile after a tiring day in our ever complicated life ....


2 comments:

Merryn said...

Sibling rivalry can get really horrible these days. Jealousy and more tear a family apart.

With you as their father, I believe they'll grow well. Your kids are blessed to have a hands-on parents and yeah, you are doing great :)

Kristie said...

Wow congrats on the new addition to your family! She's an adorable girl!

More Pictures on Jeju Island Coming up NEXT!