With the new maid around to help to clean up my cooking mess, I have decided to whip out something for tonight's dinner. Since my mother in law is around to help look after Chenya and watch over the new maid, I have decided to cook her favourite 'Creamy Broccoli Soup'.
For our main course, I have decided to cook an Oven baked Honey Lemon Chicken Drumstick served with Honey Lemon White Wine Sauce." My biggest weakness has always been making the sauce for the dishes. I was game to give it another try this round and hopefully to get it right this time ...
The final outcome .....
I am an adventurer when it comes to cooking. I don't have any particular technique and neither am I professionally trained. I goes with my feel of how I think the meal will look and taste like ...
This is not exactly a recipe that you could probably reproduce the above (God, I can't even guarantee I could reproduce that the next time I try ...hahahahaha)
- Marinate the chicken drumstick with black pepper, thyme, rosemary, honey, lemon juice, brown sugar, lemon zest and salt. I left the chicken drumstick marinated for more than 2 hours today.
- Preheat your oven at 250 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Lay marinated chicken drumstick in a baking tray with the skin facing up. Melt some butter and pour the melted butter over the chicken drumstick.
- Cover the chicken drumstick with an sheet of aluminium foil and backed for 15 minutes. (I have learnt the hard way that if I don't cover the chicken drumstick with the foil and baked, I will without fail overcook my chicken leaving them burnt and dry when I managed to brown the chicken skin) By covering them with the aluminium foil, I will be able to cook the chicken well and yet retain all the juices and moisture.
- Once 15 minutes is up, remove the covering foil and baked the chicken drumstick for another 5 minutes. (This will help to brown the chicken skin for that brown juicy look)
- For the sauce, melt a fair amount of butter on a sauce pan.
- Pour the remaining juice used to marinate the chicken into the sauce pan and shimmer over low heat.
- Add more pepper, salt and rosemary to taste.
- Add whip cream for the added creamy taste.
- Add white wine to taste.
- Reduce over low heat. Add a touch of corn starch to thicken the sauce.
- For the side dishes, I have used white button mushrooms, baby carrots, corn and asparagus. Heat up the pan with some olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms, baby carrots and corn and sauteed with some oyster sauce till cooked.
- Remove the above and then add in asparagus and lighted tossed with some olive oil. Take heed not to overcook the asparagus.
- Serve hot.
There you have it, my home cooked version of Oven Baked Honey Lemon Chicken Drumstick served with Honey Lemon White Wine Sauce. Please don't ask me why it might not turn out nice because I probably won't be able to help you....Hahahaha...And bear in mind that I am a pretty good photographer too...so what you see might not be what you get on your plate .....;)
Till the next dish, here is Chef Rod signing off from Temptations @ Ara ....:)