Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wolfberries Egg Soup

My wife loves to have soup for her dinner. Drinking lots of soup apparently will help in the quantity of breast milk. Hence, we will try to boil some soup for each dinner that we cooked. However, there are times, when I could not go and buy the necessary ingredients for boiling soup in time for dinner, since it normally would required a good 3 hours or so.

Since taking of Ryan during the day, it became increasingly challenging to go to my usual fresh vegetable and meat shop to get the ingredients ready for dinner, because Ryan is just so `sticky’.

2 days ago, since I did not have time to boil the normal soup requiring 2 to 3 hours, I have tried out boiling a Wolfberries Egg Soup that is simple to prepare. As I have mentioned in my earlier post in Wolfberries Chicken, wolfberries are widely acknowledged as a nutritious herb, widely used for ladies during the confinement period.


The dish can be prepared within 20 minutes. Taste wise, no complaints from my wife or my younger sister. Try it out if you need a soup dish that is nutritious, fast and easy to prepare.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
2 tablespoon wolfberries (soaked)
40g chopped ginger
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sesame oil
500ml chicken broth

Method:
Heat up sesame oil to fragrant the chopped ginger. Then pour in the chicken broth and bring to boil.
Next, add in the soaked wolfberries and salt and cook for 3 minutes
Beat an egg lightly in a serving bowl and add in the chopped spring onion.
Pour into the boiling soup immediately; stir lightly until the beaten egg is cooked.
Serve hot.

No comments:

More Pictures on Jeju Island Coming up NEXT!