Friday, September 12, 2008

Watch him grow..PRICELESS!!!

I was sick with a very serious throat infection since last Friday. The fever drained me of so much energy that I was literally sleeping almost 20 hours a day for the first 2 to 3 days. The fever, the blocked nose, the sore throat, the body aches were unbearable....but what is more unbearable is that the fact that I have to distance myself from Ryan and minimize my contacts with him over the last one week. He was infected with a flu when he was only 2 months old and the poor boy was so miserable. His nose was blocked and he throat was sore. He would coughed and coughed and coughed and round it up with his typical frown and a sigh! It's so painful and pitiful to see him going through that. He is a tough boy. He didn't cry excessively, but we did in our hearts. Now that I'm better, I'm so surprised to see him grow so much! He has definitely grown a little longer. His neck is so strong now that he can literally support himself and he loves every minute of it. He is so chatty nowadays that he wants to chat and play even well past 1 in the morning! AND he LOVES CARTOON! How I missed him the last one week and seeing him grow and develop. Seeing him grow is such an adventure. I don't think I can imagine myself being away from him for more than a couple of days. Maybe it's because I'm getting older or maybe it's because I didn't take the opportunity with my two elder children from my first marriage. Family becomes more important to me now as compared when i was much younger. I have my regrets of not really being there to watch my elder son and daughter grow and those years missed shall never return. And for that, I don't intend to make the same mistake with Ryan. If you are a father reading this, I hope that you too will take some time off to watch them grow. It's priceless!!!!

No comments:

More Pictures on Jeju Island Coming up NEXT!