A couple of nights ago, we thought of trying this chicken recipe out for our dinner. Have been eyeing for a while but never got around trying it until now. The preparation method is again simple. The only tedious task is to pound or blend the ingredients together. A fruit blender would come in extra handy. An oven would be necessary since the chicken has to be baked at 200 degree for close to 30 to 35 minutes depending on the size of the chicken drumstick. As I have mentioned in my earlier post, we are so glad that we invested in a reasonable oven as we are definitely getting back our return in investment (ROI) from it.
- 2 nos of chicken drumsticks (quantity depending on number of pax)
- 15g of fresh turmeric (we used turmeric powder since we still have)
- 15g of fresh ginger
- 20g shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stem lemon grass
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- Put the fresh turmeric (turmeric powder), ginger, shallots, garlic and lemon grass into a fruit blender to blend until become finely paste.
- Remove and mix well with chicken drumsticks.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks on a baking rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius for at least 30 to 35 minutes until cooked and slightly burnt, or golden browned. Vary duration depending on size and thickness of chicken drumstick.
- Serve hot.
The recipe was a success. We are now planning to prepare this dish for my mum when she comes to visit next. She is also pretty good with her recipe of turmeric and lemon grass fried chicken. I guess we wanted her opinion as to how good is this recipe.