So, we bought ourselves three chicken drumsticks. The ingredients and preparation method is simple although you would need to marinate the chicken for at least an hour.
It turned out well. In fact, looking at the ingredients and method of preparation, the dish looked very similar to Chicken Kurma with the exception that Chicken Kurma requires Tumeric and lemon grass as part of the ingredients.
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 100g ginger - chopped
- 6 shallots - chopped
- 5 pips of garlic - chopped
- 5 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of light soya sauce
- 100ml evaporated milk
- Dash of sugar
- Marinate the chopped chicken drumsticks for at least an hour.
- Blanch in hot oil and leave aside. Discard any excessive oil.
- Fry chopped ingredients till fragrance.
- Add in the chicken drumsticks, light soya sauce, milk and sugar.
- Mixed well and cooked in medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.