A couple of nights ago, we tried out this chicken recipe for our dinner. I found the ingredients and cooking method almost similar to frying chicken in soy sauce except that the recipe requires you to add in local basil leaves just before serving. The strong aroma of the basil leaves gives this chicken dish an additional aroma and flavour. There are certain people who dislike the taste of basil leaves. However, if you are like me, who loves the smell, aroma and taste of basil basil leaves, you should give this dish a try and add in more basil leaves to get the extra strong aroma and taste.
- 3 chicken drumsticks (cut into pieces)
- 30g local basil leaves (or more if you like the taste and aroma of basil leaves)
- 5 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 6 shallots (sliced)
- 10 fresh ginger slices
- 4 tablespoon of glutinous rice wine
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of dark soy sauce
- Heat up 3 tablespoon of sesame oil to fragrant the garlic slices, shallots and ginger.
- Add in the chicken pieces and stir-fry until the colour changes
- Add in the seasoning and stir well.
- Covered and simmer over low heat for a couple of minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the basil leaves and stir constantly until it mixes well.
- Remove and serve immediately.