My in-laws came in the evening for dinner and my mother-in-law came to prepare asam laksa for us. Yummy. In return, I tried out another recipe in the recipe cook book - Salt Baked Chicken.
Instead of a whole chicken, I bought 6 pieces of chicken drumstick. The ingredients and seasonings are simple to prepare. The wrapping process is a bit tedious. The dish was well received so much so that my toy poodle grabbed a piece when I left the dish on the coffee table while I was searching for the camera to take a picture. (Naturally, she was `disciplined' and her mommy was so heart sick watching her hide in one corner after the punishment).
- 6 pieces of chicken drumstick (cut into two pieces each)
- 1 kg of coarse salt
- Aluminium foil
- 2 tablespoon of Chinese wine (I used Fah Tiew wine)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger wine
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 pieces of dang gui (toasted and crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Clean chicken, mix well with marinade and leave for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Wrap the chicken with a piece of aluminium foil
- Spread coarse salt on the second piece of aluminium foil, place the wrapped chicken on top, spread more coarse salt over and wrap with aluminium foil
- Place the wrapped chicken pieces on the baking tray and bake chicken in 250c over for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminium foil and serve hot.