As I have mentioned in my earlier post, my sister was responsibled for the soup on Saturday. This is the soup that she prepared. It is also one of the many soups that a mother still under confinement could prepare and drink. It is an extremely simple soup to prepare and apparently very nutritious and reported benefits include enriching and renourishing red blood cells. (I am not a chinese medicine man. Just stating what I was told. You might want to check this out with the experts in the Chinese medical hall).
- 6 nos of chicken feet
- 100g of whole chicken carcass
- 100g of black beans
- 10 red dates
- 2000ml water
- Clean and rinse chicken feets and carcass. Blanch them in boiling water.
- Remove and rinse under cool water and drain well.
- Put chicken, black beans, read dates and water into a deep pot and bring to boil.
- Reduce to low heat and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Season with salt.
- Serve hot.