Was going through some of the dishes that we cooked during my wife's confinement. Here is another one that we had. As with most confinement dishes, lots of ginger, kampung chicken and wine. A pretty simple dish to whip out.
- 1/2 `Kampung' chicken. (I like to use only chicken drumsticks)
- 100g sliced ginger
- 4 nos of flatten garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoon of glutinous rice wine
- 2 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of dark soy sauce
- Clean chicken, cut into small pieces and drain well
- Heat 3 tablespoon of sesame oil to fragant the ginger slices and garlic
- Add in the chicken pieces and fry over low heat till aromatic.
- Add in glutinous wine and seasoning. Stir well until the sause is thickened slightly. Dish is ready to be served.
This dish can be cooked not only during the confinement period. In fact, we have been cooking this dish quite regularly when we feel like having chicken. Just had it with the lemon grass black chicken soup.