I have to cook dinner last night. Was wondering what to cook and found a small papaya given by a friend. So, papaya soup it was. I was told that papaya soup will help more breast milk reproduction for breastfeeding mothers. Honestly, I wouldn't know because I am not the one breast feeding Ryan but my wife will swear by it that it does help. We found the recipe in one of the confinement dishes cook book that we bought earlier. It is not a difficult soup to prepare and can be done within minutes.
- 300g of pig's tail bone (I used chicken breast or half a chicken sometimes)
- 300g papaya (1 medium size half ripe papaya)
- 3 slices of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of wolfberries
- 1 tablespoon of white rice wine
- 1500ml of water
- 3 red dates
- Blanch bones or chicken meat in boiling water and then remove
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan or pot and boil for approximately an hour and then serve hot.
Any other mothers out there who can confirm that this soup does help?