Friday, October 10, 2008

Melamine found in Taro biscuits from Bai Rong

Malaysia's Health Ministry has ordered that the Taro brand of biscuits from Bai Rong be withdrawn from shelves with immediate effect after they have found melamine contamination. I have not seen this brand of biscuits before as I am personally not very fond of biscuits or chocolates. Will walk around some to see whether we can still find them on our shelves.

Meanwhile, in Manila, it was reported in the Star today that health ministers from the 10-member Asean have agreed that the melamine "should not be added deliberately in food, even at the minutest amount". As far as I am concerned, no health hazardous substance should be added in our food at all, although I know that this will remain elusive as our society evolves and with more and more businesses striving to make more money.

I have lost loved ones and many close friends to cancer of every kind in the last couple of years. I am still hearing `so and so' is having cancer or `so and so' had passed on. Some of these people are non-smokers and non-drinkers and yet they are struck down with liver cancer or lung cancer. So, how on earth, were their bodies contaminated? The polluted air that they breathe in? The food that they have been consuming (with melamine or other cancer causing agent)? The water that they drink? Being a father, how can I protect Ryan from this in the future. What pre-cautionary measures can I take now? Or do we leave all this to chance and luck? I am one confused father.....

No comments:

More Pictures on Jeju Island Coming up NEXT!