During my wife's confinement, we have received so many boxes of Brand's chicken essence. It is impossible to finish them all and honestly we still have several boxes in our kitchen cabinets. Well, there are many ways to take this chicken essence instead of just drinking it directly from the bottle. We found a recipe in the confinement cook book that we bought that uses Brand's chicken essence for a frog dish. So last night, instead of using frogs (that some people do not eat), I bought two chicken drumstick instead.
- 2 nos of chicken drumstick
- 20g of shredded ginger
- 1 bottle of Brand's chicken essence
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese wine
- 1 teaspoon of fried shallot oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of corn starch
- Wash chicken drumstick and cut into pieces. Season and mix well with marinade for at least an hour.
- Steam marinaded chicken drumstick and chicken essence separately for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove from steamer and pour the chicken essence over the cooked chicken drumstick, mix lightly and serve immediately.