My confinement lady was the one folding all the cloth nappies when she was around during the first month when Ryan arrived. I knew that I would probaby be the one asked to do it when she leaves. So, I asked her to teach me.
1) Fold the nappy along the center line, making it into a rectangular as shown in figure (1)
2) Fold the rectangular nappy along the center line, making it into a square as shown in (2)
3) Lift the top right hand corner and fold it down, making it into a triangle in front as shown in (3)
4) Turn the nappy over. Fold the square over to get the overlap as shown in (4)
5) Fold the small rectangular that you have obtained in (4). You should get a long narrow rectangular as shown in (5). This part is the thickest of the nappy, he part to hold the wee-wee.
6) Fold the nappy liner along the center and place the nappy liner on the thickest part of the cloth nappy. The nappy is now ready for use.
Next episode of `HOW TO' - How to put on a cloth nappy?